8 Dec 2013

Every 8th of December

Like every 8th of December, I remember with a lot of love and affection how my grandmother and my mother cut roses in our garden. We put on nice dresses, and arm in arm we were going to the beginning of the month of Maria, to a grotto of the Virgin close to our home, in front to the hospital where I was born, in a town called Linares.
I remember my grandmother fixing her hair in front of the mirror with a comb, like the ones my grandfather sold in his shop. He had everything I could  imagine and recognize... on the shelves and all the small drawers (to me, it was like thousands).
I remember my mother put pins in her short hair, to create small curls, which she then combed neatly and put on hairspray. Most of my childhood memories are from there, in these precious images, which now have a big space in my heart. 

Grandmother, I wish you were here and the three of us again were arm in arm, with a bouquet of roses, to go and see our Virgin on this special day. I miss you!

Como cada 8 de diciembre, recuerdo con mucho amor cuando con mi abuela materna y mi madre cortábamos rosas de nuestro jardín, nos poníamos un lindo vestido y tomadas del brazo íbamos a el inicio del mes e María a una gruta de la Virgen cerca de casa, en frente del hospital en que nací en una ciudad llamada Linares.

Recuerdo a mi abuela arreglar su cabello en frente del espejo con una peineta de las que mi abuelo vendía en su tienda. El tenía de todo cuanto yo pudiera imaginar y conociera...en sus estanterías y muchos pequeños cajones (para mi, eran miles).
Recuerdo a mi madre poner pinzas en su pelo corto para crear pequeños bucles los que luego peinaba con esmero y ponia laca sobre el. La mayoria de mis recuerdos de niña estan alli, en esas imagenes tan preciadas, las que hoy tienen un gran espacio en mi corazón.

Abuela ojalá estuvieras aqui y fueramos las tres tomadas del brazo con paquetes de rosas a ver a nuestra virgen en este dia tan especial, te extraño


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post nuevo Post antiguo Home
Get the updates direct to your email
Blogging tips